Monday, July 27, 2009

I didn't get any quilting done this weekend. I did, however, finish some silly fish shaped pillows for my daughter's bedroom. I started these pillows for our family room 12 years ago. We've since moved and they no longer "go" in our family room, but they are the perfect colors for her room and she has a fish tank.

I was thrown back to pre-cell phone days at the local mall on Saturday. The family went to the mall and my daughter and I went one way while my husband and son went another. We had agreed to call when we were ready to meet again. Well, I had left my cell phone at home, and my daughter's phone went dead.....Oh No! whatever were we to do?!??!? We had to actually search each other out! I miss the quiet days of little technology. But, wait, if it weren't for technology, I wouldn't be blogging....hmmmm, maybe I'd be getting something else done. OK, so I do like technology.......most of the time.

I finished Gap Creek (by Robert Morgen). A delightful story of the struggle to live before cars and cell phones and electricity. I felt like I was a fly on the wall watching Julie and Hank struggle to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment