Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Say YES

Well, here I am in Indiana-again. We didn't think we'd be making another trip back, but DH had vacation time he needed to use and my parent's needed help getting their house in better shape to sell. We've spent the last several days scraping and painting trim on the outside of the house. It looks much better and the weather has co-operated beautifully.

DH, DD and I took some time today and went to an outlet mall. We fianlly found my husband some shoes for work. The pair he'd been wearing had a crack all the way through the sole---poor man's feet got wet when it rained.

Not much quilting the last few days, although I'm still plugging along on my tiny hand pieced nine-patches. It's coming along. Mom and I are hoping to make it to the Goodwill on Friday-I'm hoping I can find some cheap woven shirts to use in a quilt.

I'm reading Yes Man...interesting idea to say yes to everything.....I think I might need to say yes more often, maybe that's why I don't feel like I'm truly living life. I let it go by my window and never seem to jump in and ride along. Life is too short to wait for just the right invitation to come along. Hope I haven't missed anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment