Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thoughts.....

1. Here is my latest charity quilt.  I would not rave over it....however, the ladies in my mother-in-laws quilting group (who will finish it) will.  I sent 4 other tops to them and they seemed to think that they were too nice to be used as charity quilts.  Well, why shouldn't people in need have something nice?!?!? They are, after all, humans just as we are.   How would they feel if someone gave them a quilt or anything else, for that matter, and it was a piece of junk? Would they be grateful or offended?  I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all deserve to be treated as humans--treated as brothers and sisters in Christ.

2. It's amazing to me all the means of communicating we have and yet, a person can still feel isolated and lonely.  Seems to me that we should feel more connected to each other with cell phones and FaceBook, yet do we truly connect with each other?

Just the thoughts that have been rolling around in my head this morning.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I've had people tell me every time I give a charity quilt that it is too nice to give away. That seems like such a demeaning mindset.

    ReplyDelete