Thursday, March 18, 2010

WHAT???

Where in the world does the media get their information?!?!?  The national news media is making it sound as if Fargo/Moorhead is in the same boat (pardon the pun) as we were last year as far as the flood.  WE ARE NOT! The predicted crest is 2.84 feet lower than last year and we were very prepared.  Both cities began preparing (last year, actually), but about 3 weeks ago we began to pre-fill sandbags.  As of this morning they are no longer asking for volunteers to fill or place sandbags. We are ready.

I was hoping to get at least one picture up here of the last quilty thing I did, but just haven't gotten the camera out yet.

My daughter and I have been going through boxes that have yet to be unpacked---16 months after moving.  It's amazing how many things we have not even missed in that time.  We have filled 4 large boxes to take to the Salvation Army.  YAY!! I love clearing the clutter.  Funny, I didn't used to be that way. I was a "pack rat" as my mom used to say. I guess the thought of having to move all that STUFF again is more than I can bear.

Now it's time to snuggle up with my hubby and watch the movie Fireproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment