Thursday, April 29, 2010

Here's my little bag made from the Kaffe Fassett fabrics I picked up last week. I think it's cute, but that's also the problem. It's too cute. I actually carried it the other day and felt pretty dorky.

In other news....great news actually, my son has one of his F's up to a C.  AND he's being a little more responsible when it comes to the homework.  I think we just might make it to the end of this year! 

I am, however, even more disillusioned with the public school system.  I talked with the school counselor about summer school if the Boy should flunk a class.  She told me that he wouldn't necessarily have to attend summer school. It depends, in part, on his standardized test score(which are average or above). Now, I ask you, what kind of message does this send to a student who already just does the minimum to pass?!?!? Is this not simply encouraging that very behavior that we are battling against? We haven't told him that he could get an F and not have to go to summer school. We are just praying that he at least gets passing grades so that he will continue to think and F means summer school.  Oh, the joys of raising children :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think the bag is cute, but I understand your feelings about it. I made a bag and I only use it for needlework or some small thing like that. It is not really my style. I like leather to carry my junk in!!

    As to your son, I say keep letting him think summer school may be an option. Yeah to him for raising his grades. I homeschooled my daughter and am glad of it. Homeschooling is not for everyone though - please don't think that is why I am saying this. Public school has it good points and bad points, most importantly is that you care and are doing what you can to help him.

    ReplyDelete