Thursday, April 1, 2010

Unemployed again.....YAY!!!

Yep, I'm unemployed again an happy about it.  Since October, I had been babysitting a 2 year old a few hours a week while her mom went to school.  Her mom's class load increased and she decided it would be easier to put the little girl into full time daycare.  I am both sad and happy. 

Sad because I will miss spending time with her and because I have very strong feelings against daycare. My apologies if I offend anyone. I have been a stay-at-home mom since my oldest was born and firmly believe that the best person to raise a child is his/her mom.

Happy because now I will do a better job of keeping my house in order and will have more time to.....

finish this quilt.  The top has been sitting in my ready to quilt pile for over a year. This one gets hand quilted. It will be a slow process as my shoulder can only take 15-20 minutes at a time. This one is for my daughter who loves penguins as they remind her of my dad, whom she is very close to.

Now, I need to figure out how to make a little money selling my journal covers.......

2 comments:

  1. I love the penguins! I can understand your being sad about sending the little one back to day care. I sent my daughter to kindergarten and 1st and 2nd grade. I then homeschooled her until she went to college at 18. We are so close and she is a good girl and I think it is because I was home for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about being happy about being unemployed. I DREAM about it. I submitted a proposal to my boss this month to see about working less next year, pay cut and all. My kids' school won't have after-school care next year, and someone needs to be home with them, and I want it to be me! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete