Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thank You!

Thank you all for the encouraging words!!! I am feeling much better today after talking with my husband, BF and reading your comments.  Perhaps I over-reacted.  I still feel some hurt, but I have to believe that she really did not realize what day it was since she is on vacation....when I think about it, I am guilty of forgetting what day it is when we go and visit my parents).

Speak of the devil....my mom just called.  I did let her know I was hurt, but also told her I understood how she could forget what day it was. So, now I will let it go and move on-as I always do.

On a much happier note, I am now an "official card-carrying quilter".....I finally joined our local quilters guild!!!! YAY!!! Unfortunately, they meet on the third saturday of the month (this saturday) and I will have to miss the meeting as I will be out of town at a bridal shower. Can't wait for next month.

Thanks again for your encouraging words and for letting me vent!

3 comments:

  1. Hey - my DH forgot my bday while we were on vacation! If I wouldn't have said something at 1 p.m. he wouldn't have known and get this - his 95 year old grandma remembered! I still cringe when I think of it! But I got over it and he felt bad (good) and such is life! Now I can smile about it - but boy did that sting!!!!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joining the guild is awesome! I have received so much encouragement, advice and inspiration from my own guild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete