Friday, May 14, 2010

Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!

This is what I have been working on lately.  I saw a cross stitch pattern in a catalog  last summer and thought I could do it as an applique.  So, I drew the rooster, enlarging it and here's the finished product.  I'm very happy with him.

I don't think I could have done as well as I did if I hadn't bought these two books a few months ago. I love Piece 'O Cake designs.  These books have very clear and easy to follow instructions for applique....I have never done curves very well until I got these books. And I love how their patterns leave room for interpretation.  I am anything but a perfectionist!


5 comments:

  1. That is a really coll idea! I love the solid bold colours you have used on the rooster too! Sam xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rooster is very beautiful! I love the minimal lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice rooster. What will become of him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. at first I thought it was done in a wide satin stitch, applique is even more exciting.

    Your piece is a work of art! cw

    ReplyDelete