Thursday, June 3, 2010

I have not fallen off the face of the earth.....

I am still here. I've been busy finishing up the baby quilt I am going to try to sell on Etsy.com along with one that is to be a wedding gift (on June 12). I've got the wedding quilt 1/2 quilted, although I am not thrilled with how it's turning out, but it will have to do.

We've been car shopping. UGH!! The Girl will be taking her driving test on July 1 and we are hoping to have a third car by then. The new on will be mine, as she wants my car.....a Ford Focus Wagon....not what you would think a teenager would want to drive. She's learned to drive in it so she's comfortable driving that one.

I'll try to get pictures up of the quilts tomorow, but who knows when I will get the use of the computer.....today is the last day of school for both of my kids. My summer began at 8:30 when I dropped The Girl off at school and will end at 2:38 when The Boy arrives home.....September with your peace and quiet I am looking forward to you.......

In all honesty, I am truly blest to be able to spend the summer with my kids and hopefully we will make some great memories this summer......maybe one of them will catch the quilting bug :o)

2 comments:

  1. My daughter will be taking her driving test in about a week. She just turned 19 and has had no urge to drive. She finally decided to learn since she is working this summer. She won't get a car yet, she can't have one at college. Also, we joke that she gets to go to school or own a car. She chooses school!! Keep up with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you've gotten so far on that quilt in less than a month! I look forward to seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete