Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ninteen Years and Counting.......

Nineteen years ago today I married the love of my life.....and it gets better and better. It's hard to believe it has been that long. Seems like just last year we were walking down the aisle, and then I look in the mirror and realize we are not so young anymore....our hair is turning grey and we now have laugh lines around our eyes, but it's all good. As the saying goes, "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be." Rings true for us. 

On Saturday, we went to my best friends daughter's wedding. The weather was dreary, but the bride and groom were like sunshine--they were both glowing! And on Sunday, The Girl and I were there when they opened gifts....they loved the quilt!!! YAY!!!

(If I were better at this blogging thing, you would see pictures here of what I am now working on, but since I'm not you'll have to keep reading and check out the pictures at the bottom of this post.) These are my 3 inch hand pieced nine patches.The Girl started laying them out for me (bottom picture). She's not a quilter, but love to help me choose fabrics and lay out blocks...she couldn't be bothered with the white hexagons that belong in the center (too boring, I guess). My goal is to finish this  one this summer.....I started piecing this one 6 or so years ago....so we'll see how long it will hold my interest this go around


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! Isn't it nice when you still love your husband all those years later?
    That is a very interesting quilt layout. I've not seen that before. Will you be appliqueing it on to a background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, that's interesting as in I like it, not as in I can't think of any other way of describing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it in scrappy colors. I made one of these years ago as a wedding quilt, like it so much I made a smaller one for my daughter. The first one I did scrappy blues for the 9=patches and solid blue for the setting triangle. Yours looks great! It is a ferris wheel or Jack's chain. I did mine with larger blocks, i like what you are doing with the 3"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your special day! Hope you did something fun. I like the layout of the quilt. I think it is funny that you have been working on it so long. I look forward to seeing what you will do next.

    ReplyDelete