Thursday, June 10, 2010

PICTURES!!!!

As promised, I have pictures of the quilts I have been working on. The first is the quilt I am giving as a wedding gift.
I am a little disappointed with the way it turned out. The photo I was trying to re-create had a more woven look to the top.  Lesson learned.....very important to focus on light vs dark and NOT the color. I used a little blue and white dot for the back. I think I like the back better than the front.
Photo number two and three are the baby quilt that I am going to attempt to sell on etsy.com. I am very pleased with this one.  Hoping you all have suggestions as to how much to charge.  I have $64 in materials. Any thoughts on how to set a price?

2 comments:

  1. Both lovely, although I think the baby quilt is stunning. I have no idea how to set a price - I think if you price it too low, you aren't valuing your own time and creativity, and if you price it too high, no one will buy. I've never sold anything, heck, I've barely even finished anything, but someday, I hope to. Best of luck to you, and if you come up with a pricing strategy, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are all very cute. I can see what you mean about the basket weave look, but I like it just the way it is! I have looked at pricing of quilts at a consignment shop. I was appalled at how low the prices were - 20 to 35 for a baby quilt. Of course, they weren't all that well done, either. Check around your area at shops, and look on Etsy to see what the going rate is there for that size project.

    ReplyDelete