Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yippee!!! My First Guild Meeting

I went to my first guild meeting today (I am now an official "card carrying quilter"). It was a blast!!  I was very nervous, as I am rather shy, but two ladies nabbed me as I walked in and made me feel very welcome.  I think I was the youngest one there (I'm guessing that most of them are retirement age). Lots of laughter and beautiful show and tell.

I am FINALLY going to attend the local quilt show and conference this September.  In past years, I have gone to check out the quilts, but this year I will take one of the classes offered. I can't wait!!!! Debating between hand quilting and miniature blocks....I have been muddling along with both, so it's a tough decision.

Next up today....putting trees in the ground. We bought an Autumn Blaze Maple and a Meteor Cherry.  Hope we can keep them growing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a quilting group to be part of. It makes it more fun! Good luck on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a wonderful experience with your new Quilt Guild. It took a few months for folks in mine to warm up to me. I think it will all work out.

    I am exctied that you will be attending the quilt show and conference! I will be attending, for the first time, a state quilt guild show. I am very excited! There will be classes, over 175 quilts, an auctuion and vendors! I attend Thursday. I will post about it on Friday. Can't wait to hear about yours.

    ReplyDelete