Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We've had a hectic few weeks here. The Girl has been working on tech/sets for a local children't theater group all summer and the past two weeks I have hardly seen her. The last performance was Sunday. They put on The Jungle Book-this is a version that has been very popular in Budapest and this happened to be the world premier in English.

I've been busy working on this wall-hanging for my brother-in-law.  This is my own design, so I'm a little nervous about what my sister will think. She asked me to make a fish wall hanging, but gave me no guidance.....hope she is pleased.

On friday, we will drive to Indiana to visit my parents.  I am not looking forward to the drive or the hot, humid weather. My mom and I plan on doing some quilting, she's just beginning and has asked me for some help. Funny, my mom has taught me so much over the years, and now I am teaching her.

Hopefully, I'll be able to find some time to blog while away.....

5 comments:

  1. How could she not LOVE that wallhanging? It is beautiful. Congrats for creating such a beauty from your own imagination.

    How fun to teach the teacher, no? I hope you'll find the chance to share your quilting experiences with us while you are visiting your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way for you and your mom to spend time together. My mom admired my quilting, that I was just getting in to, before she died. I love that fish quilt! I'd hang that on my wall in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wall hanging is fantastic! I bet your daughter is having fun at the theatre!

    It sounds like you and your mother will have a great time quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you're nervous about. If your sister doesn't like that BEAUTIFUL wall hanging, let me know and I'll send you my address.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful wallhanging your sister should be proud to own it....

    ReplyDelete