Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home Again

We arrived home on Sunday evening...we made record time-12 1/2 hours and only one spot of road construction where we had to slow down to 45.

I can't believe how disoriented I felt our first few days back...we were gone for 17 days. Couldn't even remember where the coffee mugs were .

The Girl and I headed to the high school yesterday to alter her schedule...she' decided not to take AP English. I'm glad she knows her own limits.  She's a straight A student--she puts all the pressure for good grades on herself, so when she decided AP would be too much I was happy to OK the change.

Mom didn't finish her log cabin quilt while I was there, but she now knows enough to do that on her own. She even asked me to show her how to hand piece. I also got her started using Bonnie Hunter's leaders and enders. 

Time to head out the door for my morning walk.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! It does take a bit to get used to your own home again, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it home safely. It is nice to go away, but always nicer to come home. Sounds like you are busy already!

    ReplyDelete