Monday, September 20, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things....finally

Wow! I can't believe it's been a month since I last blogged.  The kids started their third week of school today and I finally feel like I am back into my "school" routine....can't say that for The Boy. He really hates getting up in the morning.....it's too bad that school administrators don't heed the research that says teens sleep/wake schedules are different than adults.....teens really are night owls.  I guess I could homeschool and beat the system that way, but I don't think I would make a very good teacher for him.

I've been battling shoulder pain and haven't done much in the quilting department.  I am able to work for a few minutes and then my shoulder starts to hurt. Two years ago I was told I had bursitis and went through physical therapy. I haven't been pain free since then.....perhaps, if I actually did what I was supposed to do CONSISTENTLY, I would be in better shape.  I am trying hard not to overuse the shoulder and have started doing the exercises again.  I don't think there is life without quilting, so I will be good!

The Girl has her first date! YIKES! She met this boy over the summer while working on a play and he asked her to go to homecoming with her.  I'm not sure if I should laugh and be happy for her or cry for myself.  Right now, I'm very excited for her.  Let's hope that feeling holds.....

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy my kids are in school even though they hate to get up in the morning. I would cry! Like you said "YIKES!" Best, Lisa

    ReplyDelete