Friday, September 24, 2010

I've come a long way, baby.....

Since I can't sew because of my shoulder, I reorganized my sewing room. I came across this:
This is what got me started quilting.  Each little hexagon measures a very uneven 1 1/4 inches. I hand pieced these....my seams are less than a quarter of an inch and my stitches are HUGE!!!!  Not knowing any better, I sewed this baby up like I was making a pillow case and then started to hand quilt.

 It's hard to see, but my stitches are TINY, barely catching one thread of the backing in some spots, and knots all over the place....I even dragged my thread over the top of the backing !!!  Yep, I've learned alot over the last 20+ years.

1 comment:

  1. We've all learned a lot. The first top I pieced was very small and I never finished it. Only about half the triangles have points. It's nice to know that even old dogs can learn new tricks!

    ReplyDelete