Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Random Thoughts....

> I participated in my first quilting class this past weekend....I was very disappointed!  The class was called "Magical Miniatures". The photo in the catalog was a mini block next to a dime.  What we made were 3inch blocks....that's not miniature in my book.  I did learn a few tricks, so that was good.

>I am crooked. Yep, I went to physical therapy today for my shoulder and the PT told me I was crooked-my hips go one way and my shoulders go the other.  We are working on straightening me out.

>I love my labels.  Wife, mom, daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, friend and now teacher.  Couldn't begin to pick a favorite. Teacher is new and frightening--I am co-teaching my daughters 11th grade religion class. YIKES!!!

>I didn't realize how big a part of my life quilting had become until I couldn't do it. Filling the void is hard.

>Did anyone watch Sister Wives Sunday night on TLC? Makes me think how nice it would be to go back to the time when extended families were closer in proximity--sometimes the help of a "sister wife" would be nice. I am not sure, however, if I could live with my parents......

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are back among the living! I read your previous posts and want to say that you will survive your daughter and dating. I didn't think I would survive, but I did. My baby is 19 and still dealing with crazy boys and dating and all of the ups and downs. Hope you get to feeling better and can get back to quilting soon.

    ReplyDelete