Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Disillusioned....

#1 I tried the Phiten titanium necklace--it did nothing for me. 

#2 Extreme Makeover-Home Edition is in my town.  I indirectly know the family.  They are a very nice family-the children are sweet and polite and oh, so, cute. Their old house was not demolished, it was moved and will be donated to another local family. Those are good things.

Unfortunately, the house that is being built is two times bigger than the old house. I don't think they have any yard left. The house, a two story, looks very out of place as it is surrounded by small ramblers (or ranch-depending on where you live).  My husband works for the company that is donating the electrical supplies-they are getting 100 recessed lights!!! I wonder if the family will be able to pay the heat and utilities on such a big home....and those lights use ALOT of electricity.

On a happier note, my shoulder is getting better and I have been able to sew again.YAY!!! I still have a long way to go, but at least I am on the mend.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the necklace! I'm glad your shoulder is doing better and you can sew again. That has to feel good!

    I often wonder what those houses look like 2 years after they're built. I think it is a great cause, and I'm sure it's a great pick-me-up for a lot of people, but I wonder if some people can afford the house, as you mentioned, or keep it up.

    ReplyDelete