Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On my mind.....

There is a boy who should be in my daughter's class at school. He's been on my mind lately. Over the summer his dad died. His parents are divorced. He lived with his dad here on the MN side of the Red River. His mom lives on the ND side of the river. He is now living with her. Because we are two different states (Fargo and Moorhead are separated by the mighty (but not very wide) Red River, he can no longer attend school here in Moorhead. 

Unless, he can raise $6000 dollars.

My heart aches for this boy. He attended school in Moorhead from preschool until the beginning of this school year. His junior year. He was very involved here. As a child we moved alot. It wasn't easy. If we had the money, I would give him it to him.

I've been like Pooh "think, think, think" trying to come up with a way to raise the money. I come up blank every time......

Ideas would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some wise words for you. I suppose all you can do is let the young man you are thinking of him and perhaps invite him over on the weekends so he can still be with his friends. Hope you figure something out!

    ReplyDelete