Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tough days.....

These last few days have been tough ones.  My friend, Roberta, is hiking a "trail to meet God face-to-face". She's been battling leukemia for a little over a year. I don't understand why God wants to take her...she is one of those people who lights the way to Him.  I have learned so much about faith and mothering from her.  She has five children-her youngest is only 10. 

On Tuesday, my best friends mother in law died suddenly. She was 76-that's younger than my father-in-law and just a little older than my parents and my mother-in-law. My dad's health is not good. My father-in-law is going to have surgery this week for an aortic aneurysm. I'm not ready to lose any of them. Sometimes, I feel paralyzed by that thought.

I believe in heaven. Why doesn't that comfort me?

2 comments:

  1. I too, wonder why it seems the best ones go before we're ready for it. Try as hard as we might, there really doesn't seem to be any rhyme not reason to why some die and some linger on. They only thing that works for me is to accept the randomness of life and take it as it comes. That means I have to embrace and enjoy every day and every person since I have no way of knowing what tomorrow holds. I hope your friend has used her time here to prepare her family and friends for their lives when she's gone, and I hope your FIL comes through his surgery just fine. My heart goes out to you, Trish, in your sorrow. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tearing up as I read your words and the emotion and Walk Ins Welcoming is flashing NEON to you and loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your heart and the the connection today, Em

    ReplyDelete