Friday, March 18, 2011

Still plugging along.....

I took The Boy for a recheck at the pediatrician. He increased the dosage of his meds. On the way home my son told me there's nothing wrong with him, he just hates school and there's nothing I can do to change that.
We have challenged him to get C's or better this trimester. He seems to think he can't do it, but so far, so good...he's got C's. I'm hoping that when he sees he can do it, his attitude will change.

I have "gone back to school". I am determined to be able to help The Boy with math....a topic I struggled with all through school. My husband and daughter are very good at math, but they get frustrated helping The Boy so,  I bought Basic Math and Pre-algebra for Dummies to help refresh my memory. I am still struggling.....I think some brains were just not meant to do math.  I. Will. Not. Give. Up.  Even though it's challenging, it's kinda fun.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I had a professor that always said people were born with a certain capacity to learn math, when they reached their limit, that was it.

    Still, I'm sure you can get it.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an awesome program homeschoolers use called Math-U-See. I'm not a math person and this helped me, help our son with Pre-Algebra and Algebra I.

    You can google it! Never give up. We get one shot and out kids are worth it!

    ReplyDelete